Comedian Khemikal on Sanatu Zambang

Many have debated if it's on the raise or another flopping art in the entertainment industry. Well for those who do follow the comedy in Ghana, will and can beat their chests and say, " comedy is on the raise than ever before ".
The likes of KSM, DKB, Fosteromanus, AjeezayGH, and many many others have built a solid foundation for this art and as I look at the future of comedy in Ghana, all I see is endless laughs and smiles on the face of Ghanaians regardless of the situation they find themselves in. As a fun of comedy, I did like to introduce to my viewers one of my favourites in Ghanaian comedy, he is no other than Daniel Selase aka Comedian Khemikal.
Comedian Khemikal describes himself as a easy going guy who's single, humbly, selfless, annoying sometimes and love to help people. Born Daniel Selase and raised in Accra, Madina, he is a software engineer. Apart from stand up comedy the raising comedian is a software engineer and " an aspiring Epidemiologist," he said.
When asked when and why he choose comedy, the young rip cracker replied " I chose comedy because my friends talked me into it and I loved the idea. I have always been funny but I didn’t think I could do stand up comedy until my friends convinced me. " According to Khemikal, he started in 2010 when I was about completing University of Ghana. The youngster have performed on various platforms including DKB Live, comedy fiesta, Pure comedy, KSM at 58, A night of 1021 laughs and Akwaaba UK. In recent times many have copied and dabbed comedians comic scripts and content. ( both on social media and tv ) without their acknowledgement, well the Khemikal had quite a comic and unique answer to the question. Here is what had to say
" I wish I could say yes but no. I don’t know why Ghanaians do that but from what I see, they learned it from school by googling, copying and pasting peoples works from the internet and discrediting them. Instructor do not to anything about it and so it becomes their habit." When asked " what makes your comedy different from the other comedians" Khemikal answered " The fact that the materials I do on stage is what I experience in real life. My experiences are different from theirs. I also do abstract comedy". Sanatu Zambang asked Daniel Selase " What do you aspire to achieve in 2 to 3 years in this comic business" and " If a 7 year old boy tells u he wants to be a comedian in future, what will you tell the boy". The stand up comedian with a smile replied " To become the best stand up comedian in Ghana and Africa. I would also be on platforms like comedy central Africa and perform at Apollo Theatre and other know stages. I also hope to do my one man show." And " I will tell him to not give up that dream. It’s fulfilling and it pays".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professor Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg on PORK Biological Therapy

11 Ghanaian Tamale Base Musicians Who Deserve Attention

International Ghanaian Model Victoria Michaels