University of Ghana imerging Rap Pearl '' Wumbee De Rapper ''

The entertainment industry in Northern Ghana is gradually becoming a big industry with lots of new promising entrants, however it is about to witness something that has never happened. Wumbee De Rapper In an unprecedented move, a 19year old Business Administration student of Ghana’s prestigious university, University of Ghana, Legon, Issahak Ali has announced his entry into the music and he is looking forward to go international with his music career. From the vociferous Zola Music group based in Tamale, Ali, known as Wumbee De Rapper says he realised his musical talents whiles in primary five (5) when he started writing his own rhymes.
“I didn't choose to go into music. Music is me & I'm music. I wrote my first rhymes in primary 5. I used to rap to my friends lyrics from big Artistes like lil Wayne, Jay Z & Nas. I loved music from a very young age. At first, it was a simple interest I had in music, but the moment I started writing my own raps, I realized it was more like a talent. So I decided to give it a try” Wumbee De Rapper told TheYirifa in an exclusive interview. Despite realising this talent, Wumbee said he did not believe any music lover could admire his style of rapping until he met Maccasio, the sensational Dagbani Rapper who is gaining nationwide popularity with his unique rapping skills. The young rapper who is a darling boy of Maccasio said he was inspired by the exploits of Maccasio who he said “rose from nothing to something, from zero to hero. So I was so much inspired by that, and I realized I could make it too. He has been a very good inspiration so far”. Wumbee admitted that even though it is not easy to combine music with his studies, his ability to do that well makes him feel unique.
“I'm a great talent when it comes to music and also my education has been a great success so far. It's hard to combine this two and still be great at both isn't an easy task. So my ability to do that really makes me feel unique. Hardly do you come across rappers like me, especially down here on the north” he emphasized. Wumbee said he is set to release a track he has worked on with his “godfather”, Maccasio, a track he added will explode the airwaves. But he said as an artist under “a huge label” like Zola Music, he is waiting for the right time to blow up the industry with his unique talent, saying that “every artiste [under Zola Music] has to release his/her project without compromising that of another artiste on the label. So I'm patiently waiting for my time”. The young and promising rapper said in the near future, he aims at doing collaborations with American HipHop powerhouse, Lil Wayne, a dream Wumbee said he will work hard to make a reality.
Source: TheYirifa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professor Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg on PORK Biological Therapy

11 Ghanaian Tamale Base Musicians Who Deserve Attention

International Ghanaian Model Victoria Michaels