Tengue Edem, A Documentary Film Maker

He is a 29 years old film editor, a graduate of NAFTI. Attended Bishop Herman College in Kpando where he his SSSCE certificate in 2005. he is currently a teaching assistant at NAFTI at the Film Techniques department. So I asked Edem why he choose film...
''I chose film as a carrier because of my passion for documentary films. I like documentaries a lot bcoz they try to depict reality.'' He has worked at Coastal TV, a community Television in Cape Coast as a TV editor. also he worked for Adinkra Studios where I edited short TV documentaries that were broadcast on Cine Afrik, Multi TV channel. He has also worked with Take Two Films on the Printex TV reality show. he also worked part time for Picture Plant media. Participated in the Documentary & Diversity student exchange program in South Africa and Finland for a period of two and half months in each country. In South Africa he edited a documentary entitled ” Barcelona Here We Stand” which won best documentary in Finland at the Egil Gala student film festival awards of ARCADA the University of Applied Sciences in Helsinki.
In Finland he was the cinematographer on the documentary entitled ” Stranger at Home” which won best documentary at the NAFTI student film festival. Edem a 29 years old film editor, a graduate of NAFTI. Attended Bishop Herman College in Kpando where he his SSSCE certificate in 2005. he is currently a teaching assistant at NAFTI at the Film Techniques department. '' I want to be a reference in documentary film-making not only in Ghana but in Africa as a whole because documentaries have the potential to give a voice to the those without a voice. '' '' My source of inspiration is my love for documentaries'', I was marked when I was young by this film ” Mobutu King of Zaire”. What keeps me going is my family their sacrifices to make sure I had the best of education. I can't let them down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professor Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg on PORK Biological Therapy

11 Ghanaian Tamale Base Musicians Who Deserve Attention

International Ghanaian Model Victoria Michaels