Marital Home: A Working Woman and the Household Chores

Many men have agreed to the notion that women should be educated, but a educated women means a working mother or wife. Would you go to the kitchen and cook for your wife, wash the children cloths, clean the house and change baby's diapers if your wife is at work or out of town for a business meeting. I doubt if some men will or can. If that be the case, Would you marry and women who can't cook nor take care of the house, but is business minded and hard working
Ladies As a young women aspiring to take part in national and international issues sand business, would you marry a man who have/ has made it clear to you that he can't help you with washing children cloths, cleaning the house, cooking for the children and changing baby diapers while you are away for a business meeting or work. would you marry a man who wants you to stay home as a house wife and will buy everything you need for you.
( Naafi'u ) With regards to your first question on educated women, I will like to emphasise that an educated woman doesn't necessarily mean a working mother or wife. I personally assume that as a misconception. Some women work and run businesses of their own but are less or never educated(formal education ). Nontherless, it not arguable in our contemporary world that an educated woman is working woman. As almost all of them intend working after attaining a desire level of education. I personally won't have problem helping my wife perform household chores and taking care of some stuffs at home whether she's a working mother or not. In fact assisting our wives at home ignite and strengthens the love that bonds us together. We must NEVER consider women as slaves or house maids. Women whose husbands help them should not also take them for granted by becoming lazy and try to Shed these responsibilities onto their men. Nor should they also perceive helping men as 'weak men.' Amongst the important trait I look for in a potentially marritable woman is her religion and inner beauty and not how much business oriented she is. Even though a business minded woman is a plus like how spices improves the taste and flavour of meals. A woman should be able to feed her husband and children by the power of her cooking ability especially in our African part of the world. I believe love for each other in a relationship is the most important priority. Cooking is a skills acquired through learning and practice. I may not have much problem in marrying a woman without cooking ability but ready to learn. Though I prefer those with good cooking skills.
( Luqman ) Men are suppose to protect women in the first place, so in the absence of the wife the husband have to take responsibilities in taking care of the children. Even if it means cooking, washing, or bathing the kids, I know a dagomba man will say "KAVINI" to this, but we should understand that both the left and right hands washes each other all the time. So as someone hoping to be a family man, I will gladly to so, BUT the women too should not make it a norm to always neglect their duties as wives or mothers for the sake of their businesses. Marrying a woman who can't cook but is hard working business minded is a total disaster, because it will mean you will have to adopt the western culture by employing a cook and be paying her. And what is more happier in marriage than to have a taste of the food cooked by your own wife. So for me, I will never marry that kind of a woman, because there will never be peace, love, joy and happiness that every couple seeks in marriage.
( Inge ) As a small reaction no I wouldn't marry a guy if he doesn't want to help with the kids/household. Does he think he is too good for this stuff? So he doesn't appreciate his own kids? Yes. I would marry a guy who likes to stay at home, no it wouldn't mean he had to do everything because in my opinion in a good relationship you decide the things together and you act on things together. Its not about clear tasks to the woman or the man. A relationship is based on 2 people who want to be together no matter what. And would do everything for each other to be happy. Even if it takes doing things sometimes that you don't like. Life is not only about the things you want to do. Sometimes its necessary.
( Balchisu ) I will still go ahead and marry the man if I really love him and get someone(Relative) to help me out with some of the things I wouldn't be able to. Love is sacrifice. I won't want to be a house wife even if am given the whole world because i will place my happiness first. Every woman knows and understands what boredom is and what it can do oneself, I will rather find a job that is flexible so that I can keep my home as well as doing something small for myself not for money but to kill boredom, enlightened, and prepare myself for the future just in case (God bid ) the unfortunate happen. For e.g loosing my husband, he loosing his job etc.
( Awal ) Yes! I would go ahead and marry her upon all the lapses. Marriage,for me should be build on love and nothing more.Love can always change us. In fact,a person can miss true love his life times due to mistakes which I call temporal.How long will it take to learn to Cook, take care of children and others? We can always learn them no matter what. I find nothing wrong with that, If I can cook and do the others, why not? Or better still,get one to teach her to.Our problem is,society perceive women as those responsible for all that, call it Gender Stereotype.( the perceive role for men and women)
( Alhassan Progress ) Yes I will go in to the kitchen and cook for my wife, wash my children cloths and even change their diapers because, we both married to support each other. Remember our wife's are not our maids. if a woman can't cook and can't take of a house.. It's obvious that woman is a lazy and dirty woman. So can't marry her.
( Joyce Efia ) First of all I will not be any mans housewife ....Therefore I will not marry a man who wants me to stay in the house and be his decoration .I believe I have a purpose in life and before I can change lives I have to step out there and show the world who I am and what I can do.The world needs me..Any man who does not believe in my dream of becoming an influence to people is not welcome.
( Rabi Moda ) yes i will marry him after all is my to do all that. his is to help me and since he is not willing to help then no problem . all i have to do is to plan on how to combaine my work house chorse even if it means waking up at 3:am. I wont agree to that because is not everything that he can buy for me. even at that it will come to a time that he will become feedup no matter what.he can use that as an oppotunity to treat u any how he likes.
( Tamanda ) No. I would not marry a man who has made it clear he won't help around the house even for kids. Some tasks in the home can be shared. If he is to make it clear he won't help, I see no reason why that man is to be trusted with other issues. The point is to have him meet me half way as I would meet him half way too as a wife and helper. Unless for healthy and critical reasons would I agree for a man to provide everything and have me stay home. For mental stimulation, i do not think we are living in times where a woman should not have something going on for her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professor Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg on PORK Biological Therapy

11 Ghanaian Tamale Base Musicians Who Deserve Attention

International Ghanaian Model Victoria Michaels