Murphy Worried about " The Pull Me Down Syndrome " in the Industry

Issahaku Abdul Rauf , born in Tamale, kukuo. " I have a broad family because on my dads side we are only 3 that is me, my sister and my step brother and from my mums side we are 4 my two step sisters, myself and my kid sister. I spent my childhood life in changli but I grew up in Gumani. I started my basic education in Dakpema primary school from there to Tishigu Anglican jss. We were the first badge of students to experience the computerised system so I was posted to upper east region Zebilla Senior High school. "
Abdul Rauf passion for media started in primary school. When ever he was asked " what do you want to be in future? Abdul Rauf would say " I wanna b a news caster ". Abdul Rauf continued " I chose radio because I had the passion for it and I know I can do it and people around me knew i could do it but my mum didn't want me to because her perception for radio presenters was different ".. Abdul Rauf had to involve people to talk to his mum, before she paid his fees to go to a journalism school, thus " Galaxy Trade University a media school in Accra ".
When I asked Mr Rauf about his thoughts on the northern entertainment industry, Mr Abdul Rauf replied " Entertainment in the north is really growing and more talents are popping up but " the pull me Down syndrome " is still in us , so till we stop it, we are not moving anywhere. I hope to see our northern entertainment personalities ( presenters ,musicians, actors , djs etc) and all those that matter in the entertainment industry to be recognized even if they don't go to settle in the nations capital . " Mr Abdul Rauf added " My plans for the future. I just completed polytechnic and I hope go further with my education "
Mr Abdul Rauf went further on to say " Prayers and hard work keeps me going. Also I never gave up when getting into radio, its been though though but my senior colleagues always motivated me and always got me involved in whatever they find themselves doing even when am lazy or think is too much for me , they always insist I do it . First I thought they wanted my down fall but it helped me. " When I asked Mr Abdul Rauf, being a Dj and a new caster, which of them does he prefer. He replied by saying " I love to DJ but I prefer reading news because it polishes me and makes me different " .
Mr Rauf on society issue stressed that he get worried when He sees children of school going age roam the streets, doing nothing useful, Mr Rauf confessed that he has been a victim of it and he knows its negative implications on children. My last question to Mr Rauf was " How does your mum feel now, seeing u as media person" Mr Abdul Rauf answered " I think my mum is proud. Because she comes home be like " i was with so so and so and we were listening to ur program" . Sometimes she makes fun of me that I speak like am not from Ghana. "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professor Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg on PORK Biological Therapy

11 Ghanaian Tamale Base Musicians Who Deserve Attention

International Ghanaian Model Victoria Michaels