Blame Not Deborah Vanessa BUT Organisers of GLITZ Awards

this morning I woke up and saw a headline on social media which stated that Deborah Vanessa refused to present an award for best individual style at the just ended Glitz Style Awards. I had the feeling that there was something definitely wrong with the story, so I did not make any comments but was going to find out from her via inbox on her side of the story, gladly she did posted it on her Facebook.
Wiyaala and Debbie are friends, more to the point, Debbie is too matured to do such thing, wanluv is outstanding when it comes style and fashion, likewise Wiyaala. Any way am very happy Vanessa made it clear. Here is Debbie post on Facebook " My attention has been drawn to some unfounded allegations about me making rounds on some blogs and in social media posts concerning my reasons for not presenting an award when called upon by the MC at the Glitz Style Awards. I was invited to the Glitz Style Awards as a guest. In the course of the evening I was approached by a cordinator to come backstage to present an award. In spite of the fact that this was not made known to me beforehand, I nonetheless got up to go backstage in readiness for the presentation. Certain events, which occurred backstage, which took me totally by surprise, and which I do not want to air publicly because there is really no point, forced me to go back to my seat. Unfortunately it seems the organizers did not alert the MC on time and minutes later when I had assumed my seat, I was called by the MC to present the award. I did not get up again. In sending out this press release, I am taking the high road to give some explanation of what happened, without throwing shade or worse, mud at anyone. I have however put the unpleasant experience behind me and hope that bloggers with no-facts will not come up with wild and unfounded conjectures ".. Deborah V. Owusu-Bonsu Please Note ... " If you are not careful the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing " Malcolm X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professor Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg on PORK Biological Therapy

11 Ghanaian Tamale Base Musicians Who Deserve Attention

International Ghanaian Model Victoria Michaels