A Dose Of Hakim Genius (A CALL TO BRAVERY)

Zakaria Abdul-Hakim, known in the writing world as Hakim Genius or Hakim the Poet. A youth activist, volunteer and associated with Hopin Academy and creative Youth. 

''To me poetry is life. There's nothing call poetry. I am myself poetry. And that is what I use to pass message to the world. Since I've no cedi to advocate for change, I rather use my ink to preach my message. I'm not fond of writing sonnets and love poems because mission is not to create humour and just for lust. I want poetry to be a tool o use to preach message. '''



'' Poetry to me is a tool that one used to communicate. You know how to control it. So whatever message you're passing on rests on you. To empower and inspire people. To let people appreciate themselves. To create change.y whole life is now poetry wherever I am. So poetry means lot to me. That's why we are working currently to let the world know of our organization that will help people to write '' Zakaria Abdul Hakim Genius




"A CALL TO BRAVERY"


When I hear them. When I hear
The old sing praises to great ones,
I too wish to be praised someday.
Such were men and women who fought on their life adventures and killed every
Beast they encountered on their
-journeys.
Some said they were Giants,
But I do not FEAR. For if they did it
With both flesh and bones,
Then I too can do it even better.

The songs of brave sons of the land
stricken me to stand up
And climb up to the zenith.
Those stories boost my valour
To face the future without fear.

Oh beloved brother of the Savanna, Never let go
Though the path is crooked.
It is narrowed,
But mind not the thorns oh
Brave and noble seeker.
Though you're a stranger,
But you shall explore
Well enough to restore
Hope to the dying ones.
Once with a courageous veil,
You shall end the wail.

So Lay not down your sword.
Let's die together as heroes
-not cowards.
Only hypocrites die in the room.
Never undermine your capabilities
For God knows why He gave you such. Remember that Dr. Kwame Nkrumah
said he'll and he did it.
Despite the struggles, Nelson Mandela
Fought to his last breathe.
When Martin Luther King marched
For equality, there were stumbles
And falls but still he marched.
Opera Winfrey was once sexually
-harassed and financially handicapped,
but she never gave up on her dreams.
Bill Gates failed in his first business
venture, but he never stopped.
Albert Einstein was constantly scolded,
But he rose to the zenith.
So why quit.?

Remember that on the journey
-To success they shall push you.
Drive you to damnation
To destroy your whole anatomy
Before the whole nation,
But stay focused for your redemption
Is not far away from you.

Coming from Tamale should not
Create a gap between you
And someone from Accra.
Coming from Tamale should not
Create a gap between you
And someone from kumasi.
It should not create a breach
between you and someone
from Europe or America.

Coming from Tamale should
Give you the self esteem
To proudly call yourself a son of
-The motherland and rise for positive change.

So let's respond to the call to bravery. Let's embrace the present and face the future for we can do it. Yes we can do it, the future is bright.


©Zakaria Abdul Hakim Genius,

2016, 27th August.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professor Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg on PORK Biological Therapy

11 Ghanaian Tamale Base Musicians Who Deserve Attention

International Ghanaian Model Victoria Michaels