Huzeima Meets Ayisha – ” A 14yr Old Head Porter “

Somewhere in Kumasi I met this beautiful girl called Ayisha from Yendi working as a head porter. She could not tell me her age for she dropped out of school when she was in class two to go and live with her aunt. She looked like a 14 year old and below. Through our conversations she was in Kumasi for money to buy kitchen utensils for marriage. I was able to convince her to think about learning a vocational skill and to use the utensils money to buy a sewing machine to learn how to design and make clothes.
I am sad I could not give her enough money to buy a sewing machine. But my question is what are we doing as a country to ensure Ayisha and her friends stay in school to enjoy the free education. So I think all stakeholders in education should think of how to ensure every child in Ghana irrespective of their location and background goes to school to at least High School level. Parents have to play a major role to ensure that every Ghanaian child goes to school. I still stand for girl child education and women empowerment but the development of Ghana requires education and empowerment of every Ghanaian irrespective of the gender. Other Stories : 100 Bags of Cement presented to Zagyuri Primary School BARIYA TIA, student of Gambaga College of Education, Now Head Porter in Kumasi My Only and Biggest Regret Performing Hajj was wearing the Gold Teeth. – Sheefah Pagbisalma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professor Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg on PORK Biological Therapy

11 Ghanaian Tamale Base Musicians Who Deserve Attention

International Ghanaian Model Victoria Michaels