DAGBON RADIO AWARDS, Bishara Impact News With Alima Bawah NOMINATED

Basically Dagbon Radio Awards is here to remind radio personalities on why they choose radio as their profession. Naa Kwarley continued, on The Reason Behind The Dagbon Radio Awards, she said, " People grew in radio, others chanced upon it and some went for it with passion. Radio in Tamale has grew within these people, so why don't we use Dagbon Radio Awards as an opportunity to highlight our mistakes, correct them, learn from the wisdom of the new, blend it and come out with something unique and understanding that will every Ghanaian have respect not just for radio but radio in tamale. I feel is time they get that respect ".
" My education started in a community in the West Gonja District, Canteen primary to Canteen JHS. My secondary education was in Wulugu, a community in the West Mamprusi District. Immediately after my Secondary education, l was privileged to work at the Central Gonja District Assembly, at the environmental health department as a sanitation guard from 2008 to 2010. Three weeks after l left the assembly job; l joined a local NGO, Centre for Women Opportunities (CENWOPP), as an office assistant. Then in February 201, I left for Tamale to pursue a career in Journalism. By this l enrolled for an 8-month course at GIFAM school of Journalism and media studies after which, l have since been working at Bishara Radio in Tamale.
I went in as an attache, to a full reporter, subsequently to an acting News Editor for almost 2 years, and now " a senior reporter". This was because I had to attend to other private activities and renewing my contract as a news editor, will pin me to one place. Now I’m a student at the University of Education, Winneba. With an International exposure already, Currently Alima moves from one community to another, one village to another, when asked whats the reason behind this movement, she replied " Because they need to be heard. Because some of the communities seem not part of Ghana yet their votes are solicited every 4 years. Because that is where I can unearth real issues affecting the ordinary yet vulnerable and important people.
Because they work harder than the well paid politicians yet they not seen relevant to socioeconomic development of the nation, they are called important only on papers. Because i know and have experienced how it feels to be born n grow n a village. Overall, I want their conditions to be better by "selling" or making public, their plight" " Alima ended with her favourite quote " I Aspire to Inspire before I Expire"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professor Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg on PORK Biological Therapy

11 Ghanaian Tamale Base Musicians Who Deserve Attention

International Ghanaian Model Victoria Michaels