DAGBON RADIO AWARDS, Abubakari Balchisu NOMINATED FOR BEST LUNCH PRESENTER CATEGORY

Basically Dagbon Radio Awards is here to remind radio personalities on why they choose radio as their profession. Naa Kwarley continued, on The Reason Behind The Dagbon Radio Awards, she said, " People grew in radio, others chanced upon it and some went for it with passion. Radio in Tamale has grew within these people, so why don't we use Dagbon Radio Awards as an opportunity to highlight our mistakes, correct them, learn from the wisdom of the new, blend it and come out with something unique and understanding that will every Ghanaian have respect not just for radio but radio in tamale. I feel is time they get that respect ".
Abubakari Balchisu,a music presenter at radio Justice who has in fact risen through the odds to become an inspiration to lots of people in the north. She said " Growing up as a child,I’ve always had that strong urge to be able to influence society positively with the least opportunity.This desire was driven by the fact that I come from the part of the country that has always been considered by many as deprived coupled with so many unfortunate realities such as the education of female children which was not so much of a priority to many families.This to a very greater extent pushed my dream of becoming a better person to the society so I could be an inspiration to people who are just like me,coming from the north with similar experiences".
Balchisu said " I count myself very fortunate to have been among the few children in my area who received formal education in the late 90’s.I continued into Ghana Senior Secondary School where I obtained my Senior Secondary School Certificate in 2004 and proceeded to do Diploma in Business Studies at The Kumasi Polytechnic and then Higher National Diploma at Tamale Polytechnic and still pushing ahead. The education and experience I had to a very large extent exposed me so much to the unfortunate realities bothering on my part of the region.Meanwhile that desire to see a change in people positively continued to grow tremendously within me slowly.This great passion to put smiles on the faces of people led me into the radio in 2010 starting with the North Star Radio where I served my time as a music presenter among others and as an ambitious lady,I had always loved to exploit more bigger challenges both in the field of work and outside.This brought me to Justice FM where I also serve my time currently as a music presenter and hosting of several programmes among others as part of the job description"
Balchisu continued; It is often said that more difficult challenges present themselves as and when you move into the future and so the kind of unfortunate experiences I encountered even strengthened me in my quest and ambition.I went through a series of challenges each day at my work to an extent that I begun to feel at a point I was the only person going through that and wanted to give up on radio but of something inside me kept telling me I was a survivor and so I should keep persevering.I lived very far away from my work place and in fact that distance that lied herein between my house and place of work was just like traveling from one end of Tamale to another.I had to each day spend a chunk of my meager salary I was receiving on transportation just to be able to do my work.There were times when I couldn’t even afford Taxi fare and so had to start walking all the way early in the morning to the station in order to catch up with my programme and that is, if my friend whom I always relied on to pick me on his bike was not able to do so in such instances.I loved the job that I do and was so determined to do more to the fullest because it was igniting that dream I’ve always had in my childhood.I become happy following the number of calls and messages I receive each day from people asking me to keep up the good work and giving me a lot more encouragement.You would be amazed to hear about the number of life's I’ve been able to touch with the things I do on the radio. With these kind of encouragements and so on, I was receiving from all quarters I begun to even develop an even stronger passion for my work on the radio and so in spite of the so many challenges and obstacles I had on my way,I continued to fight and I have come to accept that may be this is what God really wanted for me.
The Best Lunch time program and Best Lunch pressenter Text DRA BASU to the short code 1406 DRA LJUSTICE to the short code 1406

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professor Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg on PORK Biological Therapy

11 Ghanaian Tamale Base Musicians Who Deserve Attention

International Ghanaian Model Victoria Michaels