The King’s Funeral VenuzWrites



The King’s Funeral


The King will be buried today
And I didn’t even cry
I didn’t even know
The distant drums reminded me
But there is no time to mourn
I have my fields to attend to
He left without a goodbye
I told myself he would be back
‘Don’t lose hope
He’s gone to clear his head
He’ll be back’
This funeral is a reality
That he’s gone, never to return
And everything indeed comes to an end
I shall bury the King
But I shan’t mourn
I will bury them all
Our children
Our treasures
Our memories
Bury them all with the King
And ascend the throne
They need me
My people need me
I see the sun through the clouds already
We’ll bury our King
The people will mourn him
But I shan’t cry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professor Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg on PORK Biological Therapy

11 Ghanaian Tamale Base Musicians Who Deserve Attention

International Ghanaian Model Victoria Michaels