An Advice on Your Journey to the Promised Land '' Letter to Wumbei ''

Dear Wumbei, 
It saddens me on this day at this material moment to convey these words to you. Where am I and what have I been saying. Do not get disturbed. For weeks, life has not been as it always has been. There has been a tremendous shift in form and way of life. I do not want to confuse you as you might be now. But by then that is reality. There are many things to tell you, but I must reserve them for someday. Know that I can't ever promise you tomorrow. What I can only promise you is today. In fact, 'Now' to be specific. 


Time is far ahead and I'll entreat you to read keenly this letter that might be the last you'll read from me. And if you never ever hear from me or read me, then let's hope to meet in the ancestors land someday. As someone who has traveled through time and swam in the pure and dirty waters of this bitter adventure, I've at least gained some experience. Life always has a way of speaking to us and we too have to keenly listen to its weak voice. You must develop the connection between yourself and nature. Every phenomenon has a reason for happening. Indeed, nothing happens in vain.


Throughout my quest to unraveling the mysteries of my life, I've realized that it takes a self realized person to accomplish such quest. Yes, until you're self realized, do consider yourself dead. For Life begins life after you're self realized. Everything you do is centered there. It takes series of contemplation and mediations with your inner self to recognize who you truly are. If only you're able to realize who you're and accept your being, then you're born.


Dear friend, do not be demoralized by your personality. Appreciate who you are. Do not live to regret one day after seeing a dwarf. For that's when you'll appreciate your height. Be humble for there's a reason for how you were created. Indeed, if all creators where created black how could we know there can exist people a whitish colour?


Always remember that you're not the first person to travel through the journey. People have traveled through the same path before you. No matter how bad a road it, there surely will be a landmark. Even the potholes serve as post signs on the road. This you might see absurd, but that's what I've seen while on my way through this path. I'll not hide from you the fact that you can't know everything and you can't lack everything. This is the 'Neutralization equation of life'. No matter how stupid you might seem, trust me you still have not realized who you are. Try as much as possible to befriend people who've traveled the way before. Try as much as possible to look for a guide. Do ask, ask and ask. Do explore, explore and learn more. Never be stationary. Even a tree though does not locomote, move with it's roots and branches stretching far.


One thing again I don't wish to hold from you is the fact that you'll meet stumbles and even falls, but that has no maximum factor of pulling you backward. Be prepared to meet them as they're bound to appear on your way. And so, you must develop that courage to withstand whatever force that you meet. Build that resilience. If I was not able to sit before grandpa in my youthful days at all, but one thing learnt from him was that "Grandson, never go into the battle field without doing a home work of your enemies downfall". Yes you must be as prepared as you've never been. For the journey isn't going to be an easy one at all.


Wumbei, before my winking eyes close and my weak body motionless, I will tell you that if not because of humility I would not have been blessed to live this long. It is a blessing to live to seven decades and more. Do stay humbled, no matter how you think you're brilliant or what so ever. Even when you're successful, still accord everyone the respect. The old and young alike. It is inevitable that I shall not be with you forever. I know how 'Kum mailka' (Angel of death) is seriously preparing to take my soul.


This is what I have for you today. If luckily I am still alive, hope to read more from me. For surely I can promise you today and not tomorrowTomorrow night even not come. So use today very well .
                            
                                     Your grandpa

(c) Zakaria Abdul Hakim Cisse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professor Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg on PORK Biological Therapy

11 Ghanaian Tamale Base Musicians Who Deserve Attention

International Ghanaian Model Victoria Michaels